Hi OCD preschool and extended care families!
I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected during this time. I apologize for the lack of communication from PAC- it has really been challenging balancing everything during this time and sure many of you are feeling the same. I greatly appreciate all the parents that have stepped up to support OCD and help with figuring out easier donation procedures that could be matched by employer contributions and exploring petitions. And thanks for those of you who were able to pay tuition this past month. Wishing all of you well- be safe everyone!
In this update:
- PAC survey: OCD PAC Survey
- Donations to OCD- please help spread the word! Keep OCD open
- Need help?
- PAC officer nominations
- Teacher/staff appreciation, 5/4-5/8
- Other resources & reminders
Read on for details. Thanks.
1. PAC survey: OCD PAC Survey
As members of PAC (meaning you have a child attending an OCD program), please take a few minutes to complete the following questions to help guide PAC on how to best support all of us and OCD.
Go to OCD PAC Survey
2. Donations to OCD- please help spread the word! Keep OCD open
Help make sure that childcare will be available when we are able to return to school and to work! Please encourage members of the community to help by donating.
And please sign and share this petition for increasing state support and funding http://www.change.org/supportOCD
Donate by going to the OCD PAC website or click to donate here and please note "Office of Child Development" or "OCD" in the Additional Comments section to make sure your donation goes to the OCD Fund. And/or email email@example.com with your name when you make a donation so that we can make sure your donation goes to keeping OCD open. Donations can also be made by check (payable to CCUSD) with the completed sponsor form (attached) and mail to: The Office of Child Development, 10800 Farragut Dr., Culver City, CA 90230.
3. Need help?
This is a tough time- we have a great community so get help if you need it and provide help if you can. If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to ask for help. Contact your teachers or PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you get resources.
Contact OCD Director Vanessa San-Martin at email@example.com for specific information about tuition and OCD resources.
4. PAC officer nominations
Officers for the Parent Advisory Council are needed next year: Who can help take over as president, treasurer, and secretary (*would love to have someone for vice-president, fundraising chair, and enrichment chair too). Our current officers are nearing the end of their terms. All you need is a willingness to help. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Teacher/Staff Appreciation, 5/4-5/8
For those of you actively participating in your classes, let’s thank our OCD teachers and staff during teacher/staff appreciation week, 5/4-5/8. And let’s give a special thanks to our director and assistant director (during that week or on National School Principal’s Day on 5/1)- thanks to Vanessa’s leadership with grant applications and careful budgeting, it’s amazing that OCD has enough in reserves to keep the program open for so long when so many other preschools and child care programs have already closed and/or furloughed their teachers and staff. This year, PTA’s theme is “emoji” and #thankateacher (perfect theme for our circumstances right now). So let’s all shower OCD teachers and staff in appreciation and share how much we love (❤️) them!
Below is an OPTIONAL guideline you can follow:
- Monday, May 4: Send an emoji! Email an emoji or you can also draw/color a printable emoji, take a picture of it or of your child holding it and send it to OCD staff and teachers. example emoji coloring pages
- Wednesday, May 6: Send a digital thank you! Take a video of your child saying, “Thank you,” or take a picture of your child holding a “Thank you” sign they wrote, drew, or colored, older children or parents can send a thank you letter… example thank you signs
- Friday, May 8: Send a card/gift card! If your class had a room representative that collected money in the beginning of the year, check to see if a gift card will be purchased for the teacher(s) from the class. If not, you can send a gift card or have your child make a card that can be sent to OCD teachers and staff.
6. Other resources & reminders
- Grab & Go Preschool Supplies- Pick up a bag of markers, crayons, paper, scissors, glue, etc., with a Grab & Go Meal (we’ll put together more bags if we run out)
- Grab & Go Meals- Pick up during the week between 9:00am & 12:00pm outside next to the OCD office.
- ABC Mouse Link- https://www.ageoflearning.com/school_closure_pdf/ParentLetter_AofL_SCHOOL1446.pdf
- Go Noodle- https://family.gonoodle.com/
- Dr. Karen Wilson- https://westlaneuro.com/dr-karen-wilson/
- OCD PAC website- google “OCD PAC” or http://ocd.ccusd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=45988&type=d
- Facebook- Search and like “Ccusd-OCD”
- Email email@example.com