In order to promote the best learning environment possible for all children and to help them learn appropriate behaviors, the following discipline plan will be used in the classrooms:
- Follow directions.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to themselves.
- Use appropriate language and behaviors.
- Remain with class and teachers at all times.
- Use school property and materials correctly.
IF A CHILD CHOOSES TO BREAK A RULE:
1st consequence - Child will be warned.
2nd consequence - Discussion between staff and child will analyze situation and find possible alternatives to behaviors.
3rd consequence - Child will be re-directed to another activity.
4th consequence - Parent will be informed of child's behavior.
5th consequence - A conference will be arranged with parent and teacher.
6th consequence - A conference will be arranged with the teacher and site leader and/or director to determine a discipline plan and/or a contract.
In cases of severe disruptions* or physical violence, parents may be contacted for immediate removal of the child for the day, suspension from program for next day or next field trip, or termination from program may be recommended as well.
The following continued or frequent behaviors:
- Unresolved discipline situations
- Inappropriate language
- Inappropriate touching
- Leaving grounds or class without permission
- Causing physical harm to another person
- Stealing of private or school property
- Disruption of school activities or otherwise willfully defied the valid authority of teachers engaged in the performance of their duties
- Any act/behavior in the Education Code sections 48900 and 48900.2